Who and What is the Happy Warrior

The Happy Warrior is the title of a poem... and yes, I love this poem. I do not wish to be mischaracterized, for the most part poetry is not my bag. I am not an afficionado of literature nor am I a metro-sexual (I despise that term) but a dear friend introduced me to this masterpiece of prose several years ago... it has provided no end of inspiration. The Happy Warrior by William Wordsworth outlines the qualities of a magnificent soul. I aspire to possess even one or two characteristics that "every man in arms should wish to be."


This blog is a representation, in conversational form, of my voyage to wrap my arms around the world in which Mr. Worsdworth's warrior finds happiness.

(Standing disclaimer: Luckily tests of spelling accuracy ended in 4th grade otherwise I would still be in Elementary School. Be forewarned, spelling errors ahead. I subscribe to the wisdom of a great man who said, "I have utmost disdain for a man who can only spell a word one way." -Benjamin Franklin)


Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Why I'm voting against President Obama: Reason 6

Obama's vision:  "America, leading from behind."

Upond consultation with the dictionary (not quoted but accurate nonetheless): 
Leadership- to lead, as in to be out in front.  To show the way...
Following- to follow behind someone...

Leading from beind sounds a lot like following to me.  Line up a hundred First Graders and present them with a simple scenario where several people are taking a walk in the woods.  Then ask them what do you call the person in front and what do you call the person in back...  Hmmmm. Not too difficult.  I'm betting my money that all hundred students would get it right. 

Mr. Obama the post-modern wordsmith can't yet convince me that the emporer is wearing clothes.  America is a leader in this world.  Like it or not.  Being a leader is sometimes very lonely.  Sometimes there are people that do not like the leader.  Let me ask you this, which countries or groups are making a play to take over leadership if the United States abdicates its position?  How would the world look if they became the leaders?  That is a very scarey hypothetical...

No comments:

Post a Comment