Who and What is the Happy Warrior

The Happy Warrior is the title of a poem... and yes, I love this poem. I do not wish to be mischaracterized, for the most part poetry is not my bag. I am not an afficionado of literature nor am I a metro-sexual (I despise that term) but a dear friend introduced me to this masterpiece of prose several years ago... it has provided no end of inspiration. The Happy Warrior by William Wordsworth outlines the qualities of a magnificent soul. I aspire to possess even one or two characteristics that "every man in arms should wish to be."


This blog is a representation, in conversational form, of my voyage to wrap my arms around the world in which Mr. Worsdworth's warrior finds happiness.

(Standing disclaimer: Luckily tests of spelling accuracy ended in 4th grade otherwise I would still be in Elementary School. Be forewarned, spelling errors ahead. I subscribe to the wisdom of a great man who said, "I have utmost disdain for a man who can only spell a word one way." -Benjamin Franklin)


Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Why I'm voting against President Obama: Reason 5

I will phrase this reason as a challenge to both Gov. Romney and President Obama:  I challenge both of you to make the following pledges (which if you violate I will expect you to immediately resign from your office in absolute shame that a person with such great trust would make an oath and then break it....  yeh, I'm not going to hold my breath although my employer, my children, my wife and my friends would expect no lesser standard of honor from me):

1.  I will never allow a law to become effective until every elected representative of the House and Senate (as well as myself) reads every single word of that law.  That is why we are called "law makers".  It is not too difficult.  If a leader of the House or Senate suggests something absurd like "we have to pass it to find out what is in it" I will immediately call for his/her resignation.

2.  I will refuse to sign a law, policy or executive action when I fail to get at least one vote from a member of the other party (Senator or Representative) even and especially if I am the author or chief advocate of that law.  I recognize that if I were to sign such a statute without any support from "the other side of the aisle" I am going against the wishes of nearly one half of the population of this country.  I admit that to do so is the very definition of partisan and devisive.  I will not be the author of such divisiveness in the country where I claim to be president of all the people. 

These are my two challenges and I think they are not only fair but I think fair minded liberals and conservatives would agree that these two challenges, if put into action, would be beneficial for the United States.  So why do I have a preference for Gov. Romney when he hasn't made such a pledge and suggest that this is a reason why I would not vote for Pres. Obama?  Because Pres. Obama has already SHOWN where he stands on these issues.  He has already shown that he is willing to run rough-shod over the political decency and the unifying principles that underly both of these challenges.  Am I confident that Gov. Romney would do differently?  Not 100%, but with Pres. Obama I know the answer already.

1 comment:

  1. Heya! I'm at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the outstanding work!

    Here is my web page - Rejuvenex info

    ReplyDelete