Who and What is the Happy Warrior

The Happy Warrior is the title of a poem... and yes, I love this poem. I do not wish to be mischaracterized, for the most part poetry is not my bag. I am not an afficionado of literature nor am I a metro-sexual (I despise that term) but a dear friend introduced me to this masterpiece of prose several years ago... it has provided no end of inspiration. The Happy Warrior by William Wordsworth outlines the qualities of a magnificent soul. I aspire to possess even one or two characteristics that "every man in arms should wish to be."


This blog is a representation, in conversational form, of my voyage to wrap my arms around the world in which Mr. Worsdworth's warrior finds happiness.

(Standing disclaimer: Luckily tests of spelling accuracy ended in 4th grade otherwise I would still be in Elementary School. Be forewarned, spelling errors ahead. I subscribe to the wisdom of a great man who said, "I have utmost disdain for a man who can only spell a word one way." -Benjamin Franklin)


Thursday, October 29, 2009

Most Influential Books: Dennis Prager's List

This is the second post of a permanent feature of my blog: introducing my readers to some of the best minds I know and the books that made them so darn smart. I am not, however, just searching out "smarts" since some of the most intelligent people have also been some of the worst people in the world. To qualify as contributors, these are also people I look to for their wisdom, integrity and compassion.


Today I am sharing the books that have most influenced someone I do not know personally although I've listened intently to him for almost a decade. If you think the thoughts I share in this blog have any merit (or are at least peak your interest and ire), you should become more familiar with Dennis Prager.


Here is his list:
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
Modern Times by Paul M. Johnson
The Arab Mind by Rapahel Patai
For the Glory of God by Rodney Stark
God and the Astronomers by Robert Jastow
In Bluebeard's Castle by George Steiner
The Jewish Mystique by Earnest Van Den Haag
Men and Marriage by George Gilder
Mao The Unknown Story by Jung Chang


Now go read a good book!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up, its good article concerning media print, we all be familiar with media is a wonderful source of facts.

    Here is my web site Raspberry Ketones Diet

    ReplyDelete